Saturday, July 30, 2016

Inspired by ...


Two weeks ago I have started these two projects. I couldn't help it. I'm not much involved in linky parties lately but I like to get involved in #saturdaynightcraftalong


The plus project was inspired by Paige @quiltedblooms and her Positively transparent mini. I love her color choice but in order to make it my own I turned to primary colors.


I had no particular plan I just needed to get it out of my head. It looks a lot like cushion to me :) but who knows.


This heart was inspired by Jayne @twiggyandopal and her lovely minis. I have adjusted the pattern a bit but I have kept her color placement :)


Work in progress.


Row by row. My plan is to use it as front panel for simple tote.


Our concrete makes the perfect background. I love it.


Both projects were perfect for my leftovers and scraps from the previous one and I'll keep on using them until I ran out completele :) You've been warned :)


While cutting the fabrics smaller pieces ended up as 1.5" squares. Their time will come ...

Linking up with:

  Quilting is more fun than Housework

12 comments:

  1. Love your version of Positively Transparent in primary colors with gray! Like your heart also! Isn't Instagram great for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your pouches hanging in your room coordinate so beautifully, Vera! I love how you can take inspiration and make them so clearly "you". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your style and love to see what you come up with

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in your project. Grey is my favorite neutral Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! Not sure if you are aware but you are no-reply.

      Delete
  5. I saw you start this on IG and have been drooling ever since!! The fact that you took inspiration and ran with it...love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these blocks. Vera, you are just so creative and inspiring.
    I love the color. I love the greys too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! They do blend in so nicely with your concrete;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are both beautiful! I love the bright colors with the gray background fabrics. Is your background linen? I haven't tried sewing with that yet, but love the effect it gives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects from "leftovers!" I can't wait to see your tote bag, featuring your rainbow heart.
    I really enjoy seeing your thinking and planning , too, Vera.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can always count on your projects being filled with color! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using "leftovers" until they are used up. What fun designs!
    And I just love the wall behind your table!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.