Thursday, May 25, 2017

Cushions


My girls are attending Bday party tomorrow so I made the gifts.


These are intended for girls (sisters) so I made the cushions almost identical. We know how the siblings work. They want exactly the same thing :)


So duo is the best choice.


They are cute, soft and cuddly. My girls are telling me I have to make some more for them as well.


I ran out of this soft fabric though. I bought only half metre a long time ago. I'm happy I finally used it. It's cheaper version of minky. Some local no name type.


The back side is plain, hidden zipper. The size of insert cushion is 40x40cm.


I was kind of worried how the stretchy fabric is going to work so I put regular cotton fabric underneath it. I made it a little bigger and used the overlapping part to bind the inside.


It's not perfect as I didn't measure at all but it gave it clean finish. That soft fabric fray like crazy!


Adding the cotton layer also helped for the applique.


I finished on time so let's celebrate! Do you prefer handmade gifts or you rather buy (receive) something else? I'm curious to know :)

*Inspired by this tut.

Linking up with finish it up Friday and more:

 

19 comments:

  1. That kind of fabric really does fray like crazy! I love handmade gifts and think these will be a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cushions are just the cutest!!!! Are they your own design?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vera! These are the cutest puppies and best gifts! I love your idea to make a dog pillow with simple details. Thank you for the good tips for inside. I prefer handmade presents. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are adorable! Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Vera, I am sure the sisters will love them! I prefer handmade presents but rarely get them :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are simply adorable! Perfect gifts, that are so huggable!
    Well done! I love handmade gifts!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those really are cute! To be honest...I love any gift, any time! There is something special about a hand made gift that can't be matched!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw these on IG yesterday and oohed - they're so cute for kids, Vera! Fun gift : ) And I like your addition of the cotton underneath for stabilization - great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pillows. So very sweet. I love to receive gifts but hand made are extra special. I am very fortunate that I have several crafters in my life and we exchange hand made or craft related for birthdays and Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable!! I love homemade gifts - to give and receive! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best gifts are always the handmade ones. These will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! I need to make some. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vera,
    Those pillows are just adorable. I suspect the birthday girls will love them just as much as yours did - how can they not? I love homemade gifts. You took the time to think about them and decide to take your time and talent to make something especially for them. Priceless! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely birthday gifts for young girls - clever you!! They are going to love their new cushions, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable!! Handmade gifts are wonderful and I know the sisters are going to love them!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pillows are adorable! I better not let my daughter see them or else she'll want me to make her some. That's a hard question to answer. I like handmade but only if the maker does a nice job! Haha! I have a sister-in-law that loves to give handmade gifts but oy, she's not very talented in the craft area.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are just so cute! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.