Sunday, August 4, 2013

Quilter or not?


Few days ago I spotted this picture on my friends' FB profile. It's not a first time I'm kind of questioning being quilter or not. I never actually felt like one. I made few quilts but I'm not a quilter in true sense. I don't have the urge to buy fabrics. I have fabrics ready for couple of projects and I don't want to pile up anything else. I don't know fabrics by names or designers. Only very few of them. I don't even have the urge to sew. I won't miss my machine when going on vacation. I don't build up my stash with colors and low volumes. I take the sewing as a hobby and I'm not sure if I will ever feel the way real quilters do. I do like to share some additions from time to time though. Plus I promised I'll share once I receive my fabric prize from Fat Quarter Shop. I won the Le Challenge and here's what I got.


Three shades of Grunge Basics. Grey, Creamy and Sugar Cookies. I haven't seen any projects made of these but I like the print (texture). No particular plan yet.


Linking up with Sunday Stash

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I enjoy sewing but I can't afford to stash so just try to have enough fabric for one project at a time - and I still enjoy it :-) If I stop enjoying it or feel too pressurised I put it aside for a while and read a good book instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only collect for my projects as well ... well so far, that could change :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky you don't have the fabric addiction. It took me by surprise but there is no going back now. I think those grunge fabrics would be perfect for paper piecing projects. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely addition to your, dare I say it "stash".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win. I always get addicted to whatever my current love is. Trying to slow down on the fabric now since I'm old and there is no more room to put it.....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was the beautiful new, modern fabrics that got me back into sewing after many years. I don't have a huge stash, but I dare say I am addicted to the fabrics! The main thing is though, that we can all be what we want to be, and be respected for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those grunge fabrics look great, it looks like they have a lovely texture :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those grunge fabrics are really pretty - and they DO have nice texture - they'll work well with other prints!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.