Wednesday, January 22, 2014

In progress

The fab Nordika fabrics were on top so I decided to work on the 241 tote first. I prepared the side pockets using some grey thread to match. Then I wanted to see how big actually the whole thing is so I moved to the lining. I need to change the thread to add the pocket to the front and sometimes I pick up another project instead.


So I started the color wheel.


In my sketch the line goes all across the wedge but for reason unknown I didn't do it that way on my template. I was probably afraid it'll be too skinny or I don't really know what was I thinking. I just didn't look at that sketch and went to work on it. I also did not realize on the mirror effect and I had to sew it together differently than my original plan. Those are the things you do when you not following any instructions. I currently have 4 pieces and I'm ready to add the background fabric. As usual I'm really unsure about the outcome. One minute I like it and hate the very next one so we'll see how that continues.


In between those wedges I put together two mini log cabins. I messed up the fabric placement I was originally planning. What the hell is wrong with me? Never mind.


Update: that color wheel started an idea of some color play. I cut the strips right away as those fabrics were on my table anyway and here is how it ended up.



That's it. Totally out of balance since I haven't touch the old projects. Let's hope for some bright future, lol.
Linking up with WiP Wednesday and

Sew Fresh Quilts

16 comments:

  1. Your colour wheel is outstanding!!! If you decide you don't like it... I'll send you my address! Lot of wonderful works going on here, Vera! Those black and white log cabin blocks are gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the queen of working on many things at once - I have a very short attention span (I'm certain it's due to the internet - I used to be able to read a whole book in a day - now I can barely get through a chapter because I want to be off doing the "next" thing!). I like the projects you're working on - in particular, that colour wheel! The swirly aspect is fabulous - now I know what those extra lines were for on your drawing, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects. Your tote is going to be so pretty. And nothing may be what you planned, but the important question is, did you have fun??
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous22/1/14 23:15

    The colour wheel is looking cool. It looks like a colour wheel vortex. If you were patient enough to quilt spirals in the centre with all different threads, each the same colour as the 'spoke' that they originate from on the colour wheel, that would certainly add to the vortex effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh nice! I love the color wheel. Honestly, not completely knowing how something will come out is one of my favorite things. I love it when art reveals itself rather than me thinking and thinking and thinking it through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous23/1/14 07:45

    Everythings looking good! At least you've got some things started. Wish I could say the same...8-\ I like them all, but those bright log cabin blocks really pop! You've got a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bright log cabin blocks

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are obviously in starting mode Vera! Your starts all look great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour wheel - and if you hadn't said it wasn't what you were planning, no one would have known!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kolo se mi moc líbí a barevný log cabin taky. Jsem spíše na barvy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My projects NEVER end up as initially intended.... "what the hell is wrong with me" - I ask that question to myself more often than I would like to admit! haha

    Your projects are pure eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colour wheel is awesome! And your 241 tote is going to be amazing! It already looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. your color wheel is gorgeous! and i adore that nordika 241 tote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Changing thread = changing projects for so many people--I'd rather change thread than projects, haha! I like to get things done. The bag fabrics are gorgeous, love the main greys you've chosen to go with the Nordika line.

    ReplyDelete
  15. everything looks lovely to me-
    dropping by from lets bee social-glad to meet you
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks beautiful, Vera!! The color wheel is looking pretty already!

    -Soma :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the spice of blogging. I love them all. Thanks for stopping by.